San Francisco Kayaking Tour
Kayak with REI in pursuit of iconic San Francisco views and a refreshing escape to nature and return with photos and rich memories of paddling the bay with a local guide. Tours depart from the Richmond Marina in San Francisco’s East Bay and offer views of the iconic San Francisco skyline and Alcatraz Island. Richmond Marina is a wonderful location for kayakers of all levels with minimal tidal currents. The marina is a trailhead for the Bay Water Trail and a point along the paved San Francisco Bay Trail. A short drive from the hustle and bustle in the city, your paddling tour takes you into a natural marine landscape that serves a stark contrast to the surrounding urban development. Efficient hardshell kayaks and tame waters make this the perfect half-day adventure for beginners or experienced kayakers.
Tour Price Includes
- Professional safety-certified kayak guide
- Hardshell 2-person kayak & paddles
- PFD (life jacket)
- Paddle jacket
- Group First Aid Kit
- Dry bags
What to Bring
- 2 liters of water – water bottles or hydration bladder
- Water shoes/sandals that can get wet and will protect your feet. Flip flops/bare feet not allowed.
- Sunscreen/lip balm
- Weather Appropriate Clothing – Moisture wicking synthetic or wool
- Wide Brim Hat w/ Retainer in case of wind
- Personal Prescription Medications
Upgrades + Additions
Private Tour Upgrade
$150 per group. No other parties may add to your tour.
- 2-10 people $ 179 per person 179 per person
Minimum 2 people per tour
Tours, rentals, and add-ons may be subject to sales tax at the local rate.