San Francisco Hiking Tour
A guided half-day hiking trip with REI is the perfect way to explore the San Francisco Bay Area in a unique and active way. Explore lush landscapes that stand in stark contrast to nearby urban attractions and hear about the local history, wildlife, and landscape from a local outdoor guide. Hike with your guide to vistas overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, learn the history of the Presidio Park, and photograph the infamous Land’s End as seen only from the confines of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Hiking tours with REI are built to meet the needs of all groups and skill levels to make sure you get the most of your San Francisco hiking experience at the pace you are comfortable with. Trade the pavement hills for grassy ones for just a few hours, and you’ll be surprised at what you can see while hiking in San Francisco’s parks and preserves.
Tour Price Includes
- Professional guide
- Trekking poles
- Group First Aid Kit – Contents include wound care items and over the counter medications for minor injuries and illnesses
What to Bring
- 2 Liters of Water – At lest two one-liter water bottles, such as a Nalgene bottle or a large hydration bladder
- Daypack – Large enough to carry water, food and layers
- Hiking boots
- Hiking Socks – moisture wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry
- Rain Gear – Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants, and hat.
- Sun Protection – Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Weather Appropriate Clothing – Moisture wicking synthetic or wool layers to help keep you comfortable and/or dry
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Wide Brim Hat w/ Retainer – Sun protective & safe in case of wind
Upgrades + Additions
Private Tour Upgrade Fee
$150 per group. No other parties may add to your tour.
- 2-16 people $ 99 per person 99 per person
Minimum 2 people per tour
Tours, rentals, and add-ons may be subject to sales tax at the local rate.